작성일 2022-02-10 15:11 조회 262회 댓글 0건
19th International Symposium of the Institute for Urban Humanities
The Institute for Urban Humanities of the University of Seoul is organizing an international symposium called “Rethinking gated communities in the digital polis: spatiality, identity, and humanity”, which will take place on 20th, May, 2022. The symposium aims to enrich existing theories and diversify the geographical focus of the extant research on gated communities in the digital built environment. Particular attention will be drawn to conceptualization of alternative spatiality and its application for interpretation of digitally-connected but also -gated urban communities from the Global North/ West and Global South/ East contexts. We welcome both theoretical reflections and empirically grounded case studies to decode the identity of contemporary fortress cities and gated communities in the digital era. We invite contributions from both the Global North/ West and the Global South/ East to enable cross-case dialogues and comparisons beyond the local data silos. Please refer to the attached digital poster for details.
• Abstract submission: Feb, 6, 2022
• Confirmation of selected abstracts: Late February (2022)
• Full paper submission: Early May (2022) *optional
• Symposium date: 20th, May, 2022
- prev19th International Symposium of the Institute for Urban Humanities – Rethinking (gated) communities in the digital polis 22.04.28
- next2021 International Forum, “Capturing Urban Experiences through Cultural Mapping” 22.02.10
등록된 댓글이 없습니다.